Below are some simple tips that will help ensure your advertising meets your objectives. We recommend you follow these guidelines to optimise your results.
- Consumers are not interested in your advertising, so you need to grab their attention quickly and make sure your message is clear and concise.
- Communicate one message only. Consumers can't remember multiple messages, so focus on one thing you want them to take away from your ad.
- Highlight what makes your product or service unique. What do you offer that your competitors don't?
- Appeal to consumers' emotions, not their rationality. People make buying decisions based on their feelings, so use humour, storytelling and other emotional tactics will perform better in your ads.
- A picture is worth a thousand words. Use visuals that are relevant to your product or service and that will capture attention.
- Tell consumers what you want them to do. Do you want them to visit your website, call your phone number, or make a purchase? Make sure your ad is clear about your call to action.
- Tailor your advertising to the right time and place. When are people most likely to buy your product or service? Where are they most likely to see your ad?
- Don't be afraid to experiment. With digital advertising, you can easily change your ads and see what works best.